Take advantage of the Annual Health Fair on April 8, 2014!
How can I participate?
The SJH Annual Health Fair Screenings will be held on Tuesday, April 8th, from 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Highland Knights of Columbus Hall in Highland.
What tests will be offered?
- $45 Comprehensive Blood Screening – includes complete blood chemistry; cholesterol and lipids, cardiac risk profile, anemia test, complete blood count, kidney and liver function, thyroid. ** 10-HOUR FAST REQUIRED
- $15 Prostate Specific Agents (PSA) – FOR MEN ONLY. A doctor uses these results in conjunction with an exam to screen for prostate cancer.
- $10 Hemoglobin A1C – FOR THOSE WITH OR AT-RISK FOR DIABETES. Indicates if treatment measures are working to prevent organ damage. **10-HOUR FAST REQUIRED
- $10 Vitamin D For Vitamin D deficiency. Needed for calcium absorption and strong bones.
- $5 Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) – Measures lung function.
- $5 Colon Cancer Screening Kits – Contains everything you need to collect the three recommended samples for the AT HOME screening. Tests for the presence of blood in a stool specimen.
- $5 Bone Density- NEW heel scanning machine. Screens for osteoporosis.
Will any of the screenings be FREE?
In addition to those listed on the form, you may also take advantage of the following FREE screenings at the Health Fair: Blood Pressure, Dental Health, Glaucoma, Vision, Hearing, Nutrition and Pulse Oximetry (amount of oxygen used in the blood).
What if I have additional questions?
Please call (618) 651-2553.
What will happen with my Health Fair results?
They will be mailed to you in about 3-4 weeks. No results will be mailed or faxed to the provider.
Thank you for your participation as we work to fulfill our mission in the community. We look forward to serving you in an effort to keep our community healthy!
Services are offered to our community in practice of our core values - Respect, Care, Competence, and Joy.
**SCREENINGS THAT REQUIRE A 10-HOUR FAST-PLENTY OF WATER ONLY; NO GUM, HARD CANDY, SUGAR OR SWEETENERS.